Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Busy semester off to a good start!

Life has its way of challenging us all. I have had my fair share over the last couple of weeks. Allow me a few minutes to share with you. First, my car decided she wanted some extra attention a couple of weeks ago. I was out shopping with my husband and kids in tow and my reliable car decided she liked the parking lot at Payless Shoes store and wanted to stay longer than I had planned. We called a friend for a jump start and coasted home in no air conditioning, windows that would not go down any further, and no music to cheer up the hot crew. After having to call a tow company to bring my sad car to the shop I learned the next day that the alternator needed to be replaced along with a few belts too. I was happy to hear they could get her out the door that day but the fee was one for my record repair book!

The next week my lovely dog decided it was his turn for some attention. He began to limp in the evenings and did not want to step on his back feet much for several days. After a visit to the vet the diagnosis was hip dysplasia, for those of you like me new to this term it is the beginning of arthritis for dogs. :( Poor puppy!! Now for the rest of my dear dogs life he will be taking joint supplements. Getting old happens to us all folks, even the pets we love!!

School has been going great! I have finally gotten a solid schedule down to balance studying, housework, Salsa classes (much needed once a week!), cooking, and of course quality time with my young family! This coming weekend we even have plans for a small family vacation out of town! YAY!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so sorry about your car and your dog!! I'm glad school is going well for you though! My school year has started off rough...death in the family causing me to miss school and this past week my internet and cable line was severed (on accident) by a telephone company running a line for my neighbor, so I missed a couple of assignments for my classes due to no internet. Sometimes it feels like the bad things hit you all at once!!

    I hope your weekend out of town was good. Sounds like it was much needed! See you in class on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everything is getting better here. Sorry to hear about your loss and misfortune with your internet service provider!! I agree, things like to go wrong all at once. Have a great weekend and I'll see you in class next week!

      Delete
  2. Life is full of up and downs. Try to look at the downs as life's adventures to learn by. the up's as life's rewards. We all become stronger when we get thru the downs and go crazy happy when we go thru the up's. As for the car problems, sorry. It happens in life. Only wish you had people to help you out in that tight jam. sounds like the friend who came to help with the jumper is a start. Having worked ion mechanical aircraft /cars/etc most of my life, the only thing I have learned to be true about mechanics is that they all break, only its a matter of time.
    As for your doggie, that's mother natures way of saying life is slowing down. Try making a pot of rice, adding some ground up chicken, or powdered peanut butter. Its good for the older dogs. And the vet will love you for it. cuts out the dyes and chemicals. But don't forget the joint meds.
    Sounds like your finding ways to relax and have fun. That is something people forget to do for themselves to stay healthy. Always enjoy life, family and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Gordon. That's a great recipe I am sure my dog will enjoy! He loves any food from the kitchen! I'll see you in class next week!

      Delete